Letizia Le fur graduated from the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in France in 1998 and first trained as a painter. With the encouragement of artist and teacher Valérie Belin, she soon turned her aesthetic quest to photography. She then assisted the Swiss photographer Beat Streuli for two years.
Nominated for the Niepce Prize (2022), winner of the Leica/Alpine Prize (2018), the BNF's Grande Commande Photographique (2022) as well as the Fenêtres Ouvertes Prize organized by the MEP (2020), she was also chosen as a resident for the Planches Contact festival in Deauville (2020), and the InCadaques festival (2021).
Her work has been shown in group and solo exhibitions, and featured in many publications. She published her first book, Mythologies - Chap. I & II with Editions Rue du Bouquet in 2021. She is represented in France by the Laure Roynette Gallery (Paris) and is currently preparing her next solo exhibition. Her upcoming second monograph, Les Métamorphoses, will be published in the fall of 2022.
Her work centers on the depiction of beauty and the representation of a fantasized otherworld. Her fascination with Greek mythology has led her to reflect on the place of man in his primal environment.
In parallel to her artistic work, Letizia Le Fur collaborates with advertising (Air France, Ruinart, SNCF, Clarins, Perrier Jouët...) or the press (AD, New York Times, Grazia, Milk, Voyageurs du Monde, Air France Madame, Wad, Psychologies Magazine, Les Echos...)
She is also a Leica ambassador since 2019.
- Solo show Les métamorphoses at the InCadaqués Festival, restitution work of the artistic residency, 2021.
- Group show at the Musée de la Monnaie in Paris, 30 women photographers fight against breast cancer, curator Béatrice Andrieux, 2021.
- Group show Hors saison, restitution of the N.N.I.P.A.S. residence at the Grands Thermes de la Bourboule, 2021.
- Solo show L'âge d'or at the Galerie Laure Roynette, Paris, 2021.
- Solo show of a Leica carte blanche at the Château de Chenonceau, Winter Lady, Galerie Leica, Paris, 2021.
- Group show From one day to the next in memory of the attacks of 13 November 2015, Paris, curated by Laura Serani, 2020.
- Solo show L'origine, restitution of the residency Planches Contact/Photo4food in Deauville, Deauville beach, curator Laura Serani, 2020.
- Solo show of the 1st M.E.P. F Prize Open window on the MUPI Decaux, in the streets of Paris, 2020.
- Solo show of the Leica/Alpine Hit the Road Prize at the Automobile Club de France, Paris, 2019
- Personal exhibition of the Alpine/Leica Prize and artistic residency restitution, Hit the road at the Leica Gallery, Paris, 2018/2019.
Editions, catalogues :
- Personal catalogue of the exhibition Les métamorphoses, in Cadaqués, published by Editions Rue du Bouquet, 2021.
- Group exhibition catalogue for the N.N.I.PA.S. residence, published by the town hall of La Bourboule, 2021.
- Monograph Mythologies published by Editions Rue du Bouquet, 2021.
- Catalogue Paris, 13 November 2015 - overnight - the response of 42 artists, published by 13onze15 and The Wall Projects, 2020.
- Catalogue Planches Contact, Deauville photography festival, éditions Filigranes, 2020.
- Personal catalogue of Hit the road, in the form of a road map, published by This is not a map, 2018.
Residencies, Awards :
- Residency for the InCadaqués festival, May 2021.
- Residency for the Planche(s) Contact Festival in Deauville, 2020.
- Residency with the N.N.I.P.A.S collective for the Town Hall of La Bourboule, 2020.
- 1st Prize MEP for the Open Window competition, work done during the first confinement, 2020.
- Leica/Alpine Prize for the Hit the road competition and residence to be realised as a road trip in France, 2018.
Portfolio in Process Magazine, 2021
Portfolio in Héliographie, 2021
Column by Fabien Ribery in L'intervalle blog, 2021
Cover of Philosophie Magazine, 2021
Portfolio in Books, 2021
interview of Finley Cutts for Fisheye Magazine, 2021
Interview and portfolio dans Vodstok Magazine, 2021
Portfolio et interview in Beside Magazine, 2021
Portfolio and interview in Ignant magazine, 2021
Interview in LFI Magazine, 2021
Interview and portfolio for Phototrend, 2021
Visions Podcast, 29 minutes, 2021
UPP, 40 minutes, 2021